Sunday 18 November 2012

Winter Wonderland...

Well it's turned into a Winter Wonderland here in Winnipeg, but I must say it looks quite beautiful with all the snow on the ground. Or at least it did until it started to melt this past weekend, who would have thought that a week after it snowed it would be melting already. Although here in Winnpeg I suppose anything is possible. The kids enjoyed playing in the snow all week long though and are hoping for more of that fluffy white stuff in the months to come.

My upline Alanna Wharf had made a beautiful set of cards using the one sheet wonder. I also made this set of cards today with a few slight changes to it and then I got to thinking how nice it would look to use a strip of that paper on a scrapbook page, using the same colors, baja breeze, cherry cobbler and early espresso I came up with this great Winter Wonderland Page. I used the Snowflake Soiree Stamp Set to create the dsp on here, and tried a technique that is new to myself coloring glimmer paper. This technique was fun and simple to do and that would be how I created my glittery snowflake. Each section of the snowflake has a different color to coordinate with the colors used on this page.

I'll be back later this week to post the pictures of the cards and box that holds them.


No comments:

Post a Comment